Wednesday, April 1, 2009

tremblor

Last night there was a sweet earthquake. Because I am not used to tremors I would be lying if I said I was not afraid at all. I wasn’t scared, but I my heart was beating pretty fast.

I was lying on my bed around 9:45 or so and doing my homework. When the shaking began, I initially thought it was a giant truck outside my windows shaking my bed. But then I realized that was a dumb thought because I’m in a small gated neighborhood and trucks can’t get in there. The shaking continued and steadily grew stronger. My chandelier was swinging hard and I made an executive decision to go stand in my doorway in the rare chance that the house collapsed and my wall of windows became shooting shards of glass.

Some say 40 seconds, others say 2 minutes, anyway, some time later the trembling finished. My heart continued to pound out an exciting rhythm for a few more minutes and eventually I calmed down. It was a good night.

Just thought I’d let you know.

Thanks for your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment